AZCOM AZE Series EPC
AZCOM AZE Series EPC
The Evolved Packet Core (EPC) provides the new core network architecture for high-throughput, multi-service access. The all IP network, defined by 3GPP for LTE, features a simplified architecture for reduced latency and a clear separation of Control-Plane signaling from User-Plane traffic processing. The EPC can be deployed in standalone mode (e.g. Private LTE markets) or connected to a Mobile Network Operator (MNO) network (e.g. enterprise LTE markets).
The Azcom EPC implements a flexible, highly scalable architecture that provides a cost-effective solution for a wide variety of deployment scenarios. This low footprint platform can be easily scaled for higher system capacity and is ideal for defense, public safety, mission critical systems, mining coverage or rural systems.
AZCOM EPC Functional Modules
- Mobility Management Entity (MME): Control-Plane component. Manages session states, authentication, paging and mobility.
- Home Subscriber Server (HSS): Central database containing subscriber details (includes authentication data and 3GPP authentication algorithms).
- Serving Gateway (S-GW): User-Plane component. Forwards and routes packets to and from the eNodeB and the P-GW. Serves as the local mobility anchor for inter-eNodeB handover.
- Packet Gateway (P-GW): User-Plane component. EPC interface to external IP networks.
- Supports key EPC nodes (MME, S-GW, P-GW & HSS)
- 3GPP Release 9 compliant with roadmap for Rel. 13(NB-IoT).
- Supports of up to 20 eNodeB (enterprise version)
- Smaller version for isolated network available
- Supports up to 5000 users
- Roaming architecture for supporting home routed traffic and local breakout
- Standard 3GPP interfaces for integration with other standard network components
- Policy enforcement functionality integrated in P-GW
- End-to-end QoS deployment and coordination with underlying transport layer
- End-to-end security (integrity protection and ciphering)
- Support for multiple PDN connections and multiple bearers
- Support for Packet Filtering and Deep Packet Inspection
- OAM interface for EPC nodes configuration
- Easy integration with Azcom and third parties eNodeBs
- Advanced UE and IP Load Balancing functionalities in conjunction with Azcom eNodeB
- Customizable deployment for closed isolated private network, open public network and mixed scenarios